David has huge experience in the publishing industry, and has brought his insight to bear across a wide range of consultancy projects for a number of clients. Here is a sample of recent projects:
- Pitching and acquisition – managing pitch and contract negotiation for IP buy-out
- Common core programme – a major study across multiple countries to assess the viability of standardised publishing programmes.
- Licensing overview – an overview of the UK licensing and the character book market – how it works, major trends and opportunities, what to avoid, how to buy.
- Best practice – a multi-territory project designed to identify and share best practice around publishing, portfolio-building, sign off and stock control.
- Portfolio gaps and opportunities – helping publishing client identify and fill major gaps in their portfolio – £2-3m upside identified.
- Global v local – helping international client understand the relationship between global and local revenue versus cost in their business.
- Process review – major study of processes across client’s business, including meetings, reports, decision-making and review points.
- Efficiency review of client’s product pipeline from creative through manufacturing and distribution. Major operational efficiencies identified.
- Contract review – assisting client in improving its licensing contracts.
- Publishing contract support and advice for children’s IP owner.
With a wide range of contacts across the publishing and licensing landscape, David provides agency support for a number of children’s and adult brands.